Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Sunday, May 31, 2009

Hola San Antonio!

Harper and I flew back with my parents (Mammy and Pops) to San Antonio after they came up for her baptism. It was SO much fun to relax down there... and so nice to have some company during Harper's very frequent nursing sessions! We spent the week there hanging out at the pool, doing some shopping, eating out (Rudy's, Sonic, Tex-Mex... the usual favorites!) and enjoying our time playing with Mammy and Pops. We can't wait to go back!


So excited for her first trip to Texas!

She was an absolute angel on the plane ride... didn't cry at all! Just slept and ate, as usual.


She loved the playmat at Mammy's house, and her favorite toy was "Eiffie"-- a stuffed Eiffel tower. We got it in Paris several years ago (along with a pink one) at some junky tourist shop, having no idea at the time that it would be a favorite baby toy. The first time she saw Eiffie, she got a huge smile on her face and just giggled. Then she would stare at him for 15 or 20 minutes like this. She loved it so much that I brought the pink one home with me!

Mammy even had a swing for her!

Helping Pops pay bills. (And seeing how much was leftover to go shopping with.)


Harper slept in the crib that me and my sister slept in, along with some of our old toys. She did great, and didn't miss a beat.

She got all dolled up and went along with Mammy and I to a neighborhood party one evening.


We even managed to eat yummy Tex-Mex downtown.

The best part of our time there was pool time! We got in almost everyday, and Mommy loved the chance for some sun time! Harper LOVES her bath, so I was anxious to see what she thought of the pool. We cranked up the heat in the water so that it wasn't too cold. All in all, she seemed to do OK, but I think will enjoy it more when she's a little bigger.


At first, the water scared her....


...But then when she saw all the fun pool toys that Mammy has, she realized that maybe it wasn't soooo bad after all.

But perhaps the boat will be more fun when she's bigger.


Another day, another bathing suit.

And what girl's summer wardrobe is complete without a bikini? (At least one of us will be bikini-clad this year... Mommy is definitely taking a rain check!)


All that swimming can really wear a girl out. We set up a little shaded pallet for her on the patio, which she evidently loved. Perhaps this is how I should get to her nap back at our house?!


Word to all my peeps. Until next time, San Antonio... Peace out.

1 comments:

Ab said...

She is getting SO BIG, Mel! I can't wait to see/meet her! Love the bathing suits, too:0)...and I totally understand a bikini rain check...I'm still iffy on this year!