Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Sunday, March 8, 2009

Harper's First Week

We can hardly believe it's been a whole week since God brought our sweet girl to us. Little Harper experienced many "firsts" in her first big week in the world. Here are just some of the highlights:


First nap in her crib. She sleeps in our room at night, but LOVES her crib during the day, especially with her head snuggled up against the soft minky fabric. Such a big crib for a tiny girl!


First attempt at thumb sucking. Her first try was actually in the delivery room shortly after birth, but she's given it a few trys since then. Not sure if it will stick.

First hairbow... many more to come, I suspect! :)


First time meeting her Pops!

First visit to the Pediatrician. She got a clean bill of health and had gained 2 ounces from where she was when left the hospital.

First errand. Gotta love Target. Of course we bought things for Harper while we were there.


First walk. We had 70 degree weather on Saturday, so enjoyed the chance to get out for bit. Not quite the pace Norm is used to on his walks, though.


First dinner out! She did great and slept through the whole thing.

5 comments:

Taylor said...

Hey, Melissa! I found your blog through the Colaws', and I have really enjoyed seeing your pics this week! Harper is beautiful, and you guys look like you are doing great! Take care!

Anonymous said...

Mel, I love that blanket Harper is wrapped up in her crib! :) I SO wish I could be there to hold that sweet baby girl! She's precious!!!! Thanks for posting the pictures. It helps those of us that are far away feel close.

Miss you! Congrats again!
Olivia

Christy said...

WOW. She is gorgeous. And Melissa you look amazing for only having been at motherhood for one week. I hope I get to meet her someday soon. Love, Christy (Taylor) Risinger

Bender Family said...

Yea! So fun you guys are experiencing all the "firsts" with precious Harper. So so happy for you guys !!!!!

Deborah said...

Great pictures. That girl has got some hair! She's a cutie. Can't wait to meet her!