Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Thursday, October 8, 2009

Visit to the Brawner House




Harper and I took a trip to Missouri over the last week in September to hang out with my sister and the kids while her husband Jason was in South Carolina for 5 weeks at Army Officer Training (he's a chaplain in the Missouri National Guard). Harper LOVES her cousins and was so happy to just be staring at Jackson and Mollie Jane and "talking" with her best baby bud Smith. It was a very busy week between all the shuttling to/from school, ballet, bible study, etc... not to mention caring for 2 babies who were either always sleeping or eating. Good thing there were 2 adults so we could do some of this shuttling around in shifts. Needless to say, I was exhausted after that week and have no idea how my sister managed 4 more by herself!

Some of the weeks highlights included:
-Seeing my mom (Mammy) very breifly for a few hours the day I arrived. She had been with the Brawners the week before and flew out the day that I flew in. :( Better than nothing, though!
-Alison and I doing manual labor in her backyard (our Dad just laughed when he heard this);
-Jackson losing his very first tooth and awaiting the appearance of the tooth fairy;
-Having to introduce myself to Jackson's first grade teacher and all of his friends as "Aunt Buzzy" when I went up to eat lunch with him one day;
-Coming to the realization that Mollie Jane is a "hoarder" with the toys and stuffed animals she keeps in her bed;
-Storytime before bed with everyone (babies included) piled into Jackson's bed;
-Multiple trips to the monogram shop and then going out to buy more clothes to get monogrammed;
-Snuggling with sweet baby Smith... and realizing that he is as big as Harper!

It was such a fun week and leaving always reminds us of how much we wished we lived closer!

0 comments: